- This event has passed.
Art Stroll Summer 2015
June 19, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Summer Art Stroll
Friday, June 19, 2015
Tour the galleries of downtown Yellow Springs and enjoy special art openings at many locations.
Opening Receptions, meet the artists!
On Corry Street:
1. Village Artisans — Reception with refreshments, Co-op Members art: ”Art That Tells A Story”
2. YSAC Community Gallery — Reception with refreshment — BOTANICALS: Impressions in Clay, Glass, and Photography– artists Dianne Collinson, Kit Crawford,. Dennie Eagleson, artist talk at 7 p.m
3. Julia Etta’s Trunk- Reception with refreshments for “Cynthia Ashby Trunk Show”– Linen Couture–preview of Fall 1& II samples
4. “would you, could you IN A FRAME”– Reception with refreshments: The Last Miniature Show
On Xenia Avenue:
5. Dragon Tree –Glen Helen Oil Painter- Roger Smith will be doing a live demo on the Patio of Dragon Tree
6. Senior Center– Reception with refreshments for Corinne Whitesell and Selwa Whitesell –“Fiber Arts”
7. Chris K Gallery-Chris K Group Realtors — Reception with refreshments, artist Janna Barhorst Steiner–“Art From the Heart”
8. Epic Bookstore — Reception with refreshments, artist Angie Day, “Transitions”
Off of Dayton Dayton Street behind John Bryan Center
9. John Bryan Community Pottery — Reception with refreshments — “Sculptures of Beta Israel” Ethiopian Pottery from the Falasha Tribe
Other Shops/Galleries in Yellow Springs
These shops will be open for Art Stroll, and will be featuring art on their walls but are not having an opening that night.
1. Yellow Springs Brewery — 305 N. Walnut St.- Fiber artist Marianne Rabb Britton “A Stitch In Time” Fiber Art
2. Gloria, a walk about exhibition of fine art — 210 N. Winter St. – Landscape Abstractions II , artist Cheryl Pannabecker- This is a tiny outdoor gallery open 24/7!
3. Aleta’s Café — “Is This Art?” artists Tony Powers and Scott Phillips. 20% discount for Antioch Alums.
4. Ha Ha Pizza — artist Becky Bear
5. Winds Café — artist Lee Funderburg
6. The Emporium — artist Nadia Mulhall “Botanical Portraits” wine tasting and live music — The Collective (jazz)
7. Bonadies Glasstudio — open through 8p.m.- 10% off to Antioch Alums
8. Urban Handmade — refreshments and new art by many local artists
9. Bentinos — artist Liz Winters
10. Sam & Eddies — open until 9 featuring the paintings of Eddie Eckenrode
11. Yellow Springs Pottery — Featuring ceramic art by new co op members Naysan McIlhargey and Lisa Wolters
12. Williams Eatery — artists Roger Smith, Margrit Tyddings-Petrie and Anna Burke
13. Spirited Goat — artist Leah Grommon, “Paintings & Guitar Art” plus live music by Scott Randall Lindberg and Amy Blue
14. Design Sleep — Itinerant Studio-Springfield Artist/Designers