The YS Chamber’s Cooperative marketing plan is in its 6th year. The Cooperative Marketing Plan began as a way to pool marketing dollars in town in an effort to make bigger, and thus more economical media buys. Here is a quick recap of what we accomplished in 2013 – 1) over 100 newspaper ads in YS, Dayton, Oakwood, Columbus and Cincinnati; 2) specialty ads in Oakwood Register Arts Edition, Cincinnati City Beat Annual Manual and Guide to Yellow Springs; 3) web ads and email banners in Active Dayton, Dayton Daily News and Cincinnati City Beat; 4) 200 thirty-second spots on WYSO; 5) over 20,000 event flyers and 15,000 Visitors Guides; 6) daily social media posts. Our Facebook fan base increased from 25,000 to 33,000+ by year end and Twitter doubled again in 2013 with over 700 tweets going out to 1230 followers primarily focused on music, weekend events and the Little Art Theatre. Weekly Destination emails were sent to nearly 2000 folks on our mailing list.
As the marketing field evolves so too has our plan. In 2018, we plan to make several changes:
- We are currently in the process of a complete website redesign, which will bring our marketing plan members exciting new advertising opportunities.
- Our weekly destination emails will be getting a facelift
- A shift to more digital, behaviorally targeted marketing
- A more concentrated emphasis on our target outlying markets, specifically Columbus and Cincinnati
- Targeted, boosted, Facebook posts
PLEASE NOTE – this is for the entire season, including the holidays, there will be no additional or special holiday buy in as in years past, if you would like to participate for the holidays, you will need to join the marketing plan for the year.
A. Destination Yellow Springs Co-op Advertising Packages – The Plan markets Yellow Springs as a Destination and is a proven tool to attract visitors, residents and even new businesses.
- Budget Package – $500 in full / $170 quarterly / $57 monthly for 9 months
- Up to six events or mentions in social media or impressions including Facebook and the Destination e-mail blast
- One website sidebar ad, featured for 2 weeks, on the new website
- Destination Package – $750 in full / $250 quarterly / $85 monthly for 9 months
- Up to twelve events or mentions on Facebook and/or Twitter
- All Facebook posts boosted
- Events or ad in the sidebar of every Destination Yellow Springs email
- Up to 3 web site slider ads, featured for 2 weeks at a time, on the top of the new website
- Champion Package – $1500 in full / $500 quarterly / $170 monthly for 9 months
- Up to eighteen events or mentions on Facebook and/or Twitter
- All Facebook posts boosted
- Events or ad in the sidebar of every Destination Yellow Springs email with logo or photo
- Permanent web site slider ad featured at the top of the new website
- Your event featured in print media, web & social media promotions plus an exclusive ad on the back of event flyers developed by the Chamber to promote your event.
- Premier Package – $3000 in full / $1000 quarterly / $335 monthly for 9 months
- All of the Champion benefits, plus we will work with you to customize your package to provide the best benefit for your business. Including yearlong web banners, Facebook, Newsletter and Destination Yellow Springs ads, Business After Hours host, special event host and other options to best address individual promotional needs.
B. Dayton City Paper – A special 4-page monthly insert that includes editorial coverage and advertising to support the cost. Contact Paul Noah at 937.222.8855 ext. 202 to sign up for this additional program.
- All participants are responsible for getting the chamber the information on your events; we cannot promote what we do not know about! Events need to be submitted by the first of the month in order to be considered for print/digital ads.
- Non-profits will receive a 15% discount on the package of their choosing.