Pathways to Regeneration: Restoration, Resiliency and Reciprocity
November 6 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
One event on November 7, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on November 8, 2020 at 9:00 am
11/6/20 & 11/7/20 from 9am to 8pm, 11/8/20 from 9am to 3:30pm
The Arthur Morgan Institute for Community Solutions is hosting a virtual conference for growers, environmentalists, changemakers, creatives, health providers, students, and teachers November 6 – 8, 2020.
We live in fragile and unpredictable times that challenge our connections to place, nature, and our idea of a shared future. As a global community, we are at a choice point where the consequences of the decisions made today will be with us for decades. The intersection of an environmental crisis, global pandemic, and the struggle for racial justice has exposed the need for a new paradigm. We recognize that this pivotal moment sharpens awareness, creates urgency, and brings people together. We see more than ever the interconnectedness and preciousness of all life on Earth.
Please join us as we co-create a way forward to a world that welcomes and lives alongside nature, restores and protects the planet’s resources, and is grounded in a credo of reciprocity that assures justice and respect in all our relationships.
Together presenters and attendees will explore the following issues:
- Protecting seed biodiversity and recognizing the leadership of Indigenous communities in this effort
- Restoring native habitats, locally and beyond, to provide habitat for threatened species
- Introducing children and adults to deep immersive activities with nature, building empathy and respect
- Celebrating and understanding reciprocity in BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) traditions
- Restoring ecosystems through land practices that regenerate soil, air and water
Visit the conference website for more information including speaker biographies and session descriptions.
Conference website: https://www.communitysolution.org/pathways-to-regeneration