“Yellow Springs, Uniquely US” Member Show
July 17 - August 30
“Yellow Springs, Uniquely US” – NEW Village Artisans Member Show
People travel from far and wide making special road trips to visit the Colorful, Unique, Artsy, Creative, Fun, Hippie kind of groovy town that IS Yellow Springs. The Glen Helen Nature Preserve, also located in Yellow Springs is a quiet reserve that draws multitudes of hiking, ecological nature-enthusiasts, and artists of all kinds including many photographers to enjoy and attempt to capture it’s beauty in their chosen artistic fields. The city hosts 2 yearly outdoor arts and craft shows held in the streets of downtown Yellow, and The Village Artisans host AOL, Art On the Lawn, Outdoor Fine Arts and Fine Crafts show. This year AOL will take place August 14th from 10am-5pm on the grounds of Mills Lawn Elementary School in town, 200 S. Walnut Street, and we are SO excited to have it back this year!
Even when Nothing official is going in Yellow Springs, there is always something new to see, to do, and make you smile just being there. All this being said, the Village Artisans Group decided it was only appropriate this year to have a special lobby show in July, “Yellow Springs, Uniquely Us” to honor and highlight the town, those who live or work in it, and to help our visitors have an even greater appreciation for all our town has to offer. The following are a few examples of work that will be on display.
- “The Yellow Springs” Photograph was taken by Photographer, Ryan Taylor. Taylor who explains, “Yellow Springs embraces nature and it’s unique natural features. One in particular, is this iron-rich waterfall from which the village gets its name.”
- “Peace” is a colorful acrylic painting created by Cynthia McDonald, a Gourd artist and Painter. McDonald said the Peace symbol reminded her of Yellow Springs in the 70’s, the days of “flower power” and hippies.
- “Lakeside Fireflies” is a Monotype print created by Melanie Morrett, printmaker and painter. Morrett used ink in rainbow colors and natural grasses found in fields throughout Yellow Springs. The colors in this print remind Morrett of the wonderful variety of colorful people and personalities unique to the Yellow Springs community.
- “She Paints With Fabric” is a 19 x 26 Art Quilt created by Fiber Artist, Pam Geisel. Geisel was quoted as saying, “I feel this art quilt of a plein air painter represents Yellow Springs because it features an artist trying to capture her love of the landscape around her.”
- “Glen Helen” is an oil painting by Kathryn Pitstick.
The Village Artisans Members Lobby show will be on display July 17th through August 30th, 2021 during regular gallery hours. The exhibit is free and open to the public so do not miss seeing this new exhibition. While there, you can check out all the wonderful work on display by the 20 Artists and Artisans inside, and on the outside walls of the Gallery. Now, here is a sneak peek at few artists who will have work presented in this exhibition. Here are a few examples of work that will be on display in the upcoming “Yellow Springs, Uniquely Us” New Lobby Show , July 16th – August 30th.
About Village Artisans: Village Artisans is a cooperative art gallery in Yellow Springs featuring locally-made, affordable hand-crafted jewelry, woodworking, pottery, photography, paintings, printmaking, fiber, glass, and mixed media art. Located at 100 Corry Street in Yellow Springs, Ohio, regular gallery hours are Monday – Thursday, 11am – 5 pm, Friday‑Saturday 11am – 6pm, and Sunday 12 – 5pm. For more information call 937-767-1209, email email@example.com, or visit www.villageartisans.blogspot.com or www.facebook.com/villageartisans, Instagram www.instagram.com/villageartisans_ys/?hl=en